- This event has passed.
Building a Pipeline of Qualified Early Childhood Educators Through Innovative Career Pathway Efforts
October 26, 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Please join us to explore a range of innovative strategies to build and support career pathways for the early childhood education (ECE) workforce. This webinar is part of the Workforce Wednesday series.
In this webinar, we will be:
- Highlighting innovative strategies to build a pipeline of qualified early educators
- Discussing challenges and opportunities for developing career pathways
- Sharing information on how federal resources can support career pathway efforts
- Featuring resources that can be used to support the development of career pathways.
- Katie Hamm, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Early Childhood Development, and Acting Director, Office of Head Start, Administration for Children and Families (ACF), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Other federal staff
A panel of state and local leaders will highlight their initiatives to build ECE career pathways:
- Maria Layne-Stevens, President and Chief Executive Officer, Children and Families First, North Carolina
- Colleen Bowman, Provost, Navajo Technical University, Tribal College and University Partnership Program
- Karen Yarbrough, Senior Policy Advisor, Division of Early Childhood, Illinois Department of Human Services
- Jody Carson, Dean of Business and Professional Studies, Northern Essex Community College, Massachusetts
- Winnie Hagan, Senior Associate Commissioner for Strategic Planning and Public Program Approval, Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
- Jennifer Schein, Education Specialist, Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care
- Sarah Volkenant, Senior Professional Development Specialist, Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care
- Elizabeth Groginsky, Secretary, New Mexico Early Childhood Education and Care Department.
This webinar will benefit:
- National, state, territory, tribal, and community early childhood stakeholders
- Child Care and Development Fund lead agency staff
- Head Start and child care program leaders
- Training and technical assistance providers
- Professional development and quality rating and improvement system administrators
- ACF Central and Regional Office staff
- Head Start Collaboration Office staff.
How To Register
Select this Web link to register for the webinar.