- This event has passed.
SGA Special Elections Interest From Open
September 7, 2022 to September 21, 2022. All Day Event.
Run To Become A SGA Student Leader This Year!
Are you interested in becoming a student leader within Student Government Association (SGA) or Student Trustee on the NECC Board Of Trustees?
Do you enjoy being a part of your community?
Do you want to make a difference, share your opinions, and interact with others?
Maybe you’re looking for a place to learn leadership skills, enhance your resume, or meet new people.
If you answered YES, then SGA is the place for you!
Please complete this FORM to be added to the SGA Elections Ballot. After filling out this form you will receive an email from the SGA Advisor or Election Committee Chair if you are approved with your next steps.
SGA members must meet the following requirements to be voted in as a member:
- Ability to attend SGA meetings on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month during the fall and spring semester from 4:00PM-6:00PM–Zoom participation is okay!
- A current GPA of 2.3 or higher
- Registered for at least six credits for the semester(s) they are running for
- In good academic and conduct standing with the college
- Be able to commit to 2 hours per week to official SGA business. This could include campus events planned by SGA, interacting with other members throughout the week, being available for students needs or questions, and interacting with the community and reporting back to other members.
- For more information about the roles of SGA view the Outline Of SGA Positions Document.
FALL 2022 SGA Special Elections Timeline:
9/7-9/21 Submit this interest form. If you meet the requirements you will receive a approval email to appear on the ballot.
9/30-10/7 NECC students can cast 1 vote via the link on Blackboard to vote on the students running in the election. Voting closes at 5:00pm on 10/7.
10/11 Election winners will be notified via NECC email.
10/13 Election winners deadline to accept their position via NECC email.
For more information email a SGA Advisor, Stephanie Haskell or Suzanne Reyes.