- This event has passed.
Why care about local elections?
April 14, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Who gets to decide if a factory can be built near your apartment building?
- How can you ensure that the public library is open to help your neighbors?
- Who chooses those who set the budget for your local police force and fire department?
- What can I do about the local school committee and their decisions?
All of these questions point to the importance of you as a voter in local elections. If you exercise your right to vote in what may seem to be little matters, your government will be more responsive to your wishes. It will look more like you, and you will be happier with its choices.
- So why do fewer than a third of the eligible voters exercise their right to vote in local elections?
Join Prof. Stephen Russell on Wednesday, April 14 at 11:30am on Zoom to find out. Don’t let the conversation on local elections suffer the same fate as the elections!!
This event is part of the Civic Reflection Series of the Center for Liberal Arts and the Center for Civic Engagement.