Civic Scholars Program
Grow Your Civic Knowledge and Skills. Join the Civic Scholars Program
What is Civic Scholars?
NECC is committed to graduating students who are active, informed citizens. Civic Scholars provides a track for students who want to explore and grow their civic knowledge and skills. Students can earn points for taking academic classes, attending campus events, volunteering, and much more. As part of the program, each student will complete a service project, fellowship or internship with a civic focus. When students complete all elements of the program, they will be designated a NECC Civic Scholar.
- Cultivate your civic learning, essential to becoming a responsible citizen.
- Develop critical thinking skills regarding community issues.
- Cultivate problem solving skills needed to affect change.
- Explore career options through volunteerism and Service-Learning.
- Enhance your scholarship, resume, and transfer applications.
- Engage with civic leaders both on and off campus.
- Receive updates of trainings, scholarships, and fellowships for civically engaged students.
Upon completion of the program, you will receive the following recognition:
- NECC Civic Scholar will be designated on your transcript.
- Receive a special cord to wear at graduation.
- Included in NECC’s Annual Awards Convocation.
How Does the Program Work?
The program is completed once 100 points have been earned through a variety of academic and non-academic activities. Please review the ways you can earn points below.
Does it Cost Anything?
This is free to any enrolled NECC student.
How do I Sign-up?
Updated Civic Scholars Contact Info
In an effort to reduce in-person contact, Civic Scholars staff will be available as follows:
978-556-3471 and leave a message
- Your name
- Services and/or Questions
- Best way to reach you
Virtual Meeting Requests
Include possible days/times you are available