The Massachusetts Mandatory Health Insurance Law requires that all students carrying 9 credits or more in the Fall or Spring terms must participate in the Massachusetts Regional Community College Student Accident & Sickness Insurance Plan or in a health insurance program with comparable coverage. This law does not apply to students who register for 9 credits or more in the Summer term only.
If you have questions concerning the health insurance program being offered by Northern Essex Community College for the Academic Year 2015-2016, you will find Benefit and Plan Information as well as Frequently Asked Questions by clicking on Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk who services the plan.
If you have comparable coverage you may waive the insurance premium by filling out an electronic waiver (see waiver instructions listed below). The deadline for submitting this waiver is the due date of your bill. If you have not completed an online waiver by the due date of your bill, it will be assumed that you do not have your own health insurance and the insurance charge will remain on your account.
FINAL DEADLINE to submit the waiver for the Fall 2015 has been extended until November 30, 2015. If you are unable to submit the waiver by this due date, please contact the Bursar’s office at 978-556-3900 immediately.
Important Notes on Insurance Waivers
- Programs such as Health Safety Net, Children’s Medical Security Plan, MassHealth Limited, any Free Care Plan offered by a medical facility or any insurance policy offered by a foreign carrier cannot be used to waive this insurance. If you are currently covered under CommonwealthCare, ConnectorCare, MassHealth, Network Health Extend (formerly the Medical Security Program), have comparable coverage for a student under age 26 through a parent’s plan, or comparable coverage offered by a plan through the student’s employer, you may use these plans to waive the health insurance premium.
- If you waive the insurance charge in the Fall term, you do not have to waive it again in the Spring term: the premium charge will be automatically adjusted in the Spring term.
- If you waive the insurance charge in the Fall term, you may not purchase the insurance from the College in the Spring term.
What if my own health insurance is terminated after I used it to waive the College’s insurance?
If your health insurance coverage is terminated, you must contact Gallagher Student Health at 1.877.320.1711 or email@example.com, within 30 days of the termination date, for information on how you may purchase health insurance directly from the insurance company.
All Health Insurance Waivers are now ONLINE!
The following information is needed in order to complete the waiver form. Most of this information will be found on your current health insurance ID card:
- Insurance Company Name
- Group Number or Policy Number
- Subscriber’s Name (Name of Policyholder)
- Relationship of Subscriber to Student
When you have this information, follow the steps below to complete the waiver.
- Log onto the College’s website: www.necc.mass.edu
- Click on the in the upper right hand corner.
- Log in, using your myNECC ID and password.
- Click on the My Information tab.
- Under My Account, click on Waive My Health Insurance.
- Complete all the required information; if any is missing, your waiver will not be accepted.
- Click Submit.
You should receive a message that reads: “We have successfully received your health insurance waiver information.”
If this is your first time using the system, your Password is your date of birth (mmddyyyy format). You will be prompted to change your Password after your first login.
Problems with the Logon? Call the NECC IT Service Desk at 978.556.3111
Important: The Online Waiver is the only accepted method to waive insurance premium and coverage.
Part-time student, spouse, dependent coverage no longer available.
The Plan is Underwritten by: HPHC Insurance Company
500 Victory Rd.
Quincy, MA 02171
Massachusetts Health Care Reform Law
NECC cannot advise you about the new Massachusetts Health Care Reform Law, but we can suggest the following resources:
Call 1.877.MA.ENROLL (1.877.623.6765). You may call Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. TTY: 1.877.623.7773. All calls are free and private. Spanish version available; free interpreter services for other languages.
As of January 1, 2009, the Massachusetts HealthCare Reform Law requires that Massachusetts residents, eighteen (18) years of age and older, must have health coverage that meets the Minimum Creditable Coverage Standards set by the Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector, unless waived from the health insurance requirement based on affordability or individual hardship. For more information call the Connector at 1-877-MA-ENROLL or visit the Connector website (www.mahealthconnector.org).
If you have questions, you may contact the Division of Insurance by calling (617) 521-7794 or visiting the website at www.mass.gov/doi.