Instructions to Register
Instructions to Register:
Here are the steps you can take to get ready to register online:
- Make an appointment with your advisor
- Download or login to Navigate with your student ID and password
- Click “Appointments”
- Select “Academic Advising” and “Returning Student Advising”
- Select “Faculty Virtual Appointment” for the location
- Look for your advisor and find a time that works for both of you
- If you don’t have an assigned advisor or don’t see your advisor’s availability listed, contact the advising center to schedule an appointment with an advisor.
- It’s important to know that your advisor will expect you to try planning your next semesters’ courses before your appointment. Here are the steps to plan your semester:
- To get started, access Navigate via your desktop computer. It’s important that you use the Chrome browser (If you don’t have computer access, schedule an appointment with your advisor or call the Welcome Express desk)
- Click on “Planner” in Navigate (To do this, you need to be logged in on a computer or tablet, not in the app)
- Add the Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 terms to your plan on the right side of the screen
- If you are a new student at NECC and declared your major in Fall 2019 or later, you should see a list of suggested courses on the left of your planner, with a blank space on the right. Add some terms on the right of the page, and then you can click to drag courses from the suggested list to the terms.
- If you declared your major before Fall 2019, you will need to get your list of courses needed to finish your major from an advisor, from your DegreeWorks plan, or from your program website. Then, you can use the Search feature to add courses to terms just like a new student.
- Click “Pick Times” for each term and block off your busy times on the schedule
- Click “Sections” to see which sections are available during your FREE time
- Add the section you want onto the weekly schedule. If you are using a Desktop you can Drag and Drop them.
- You should review these changes with your advisor in your appointment to make sure you have selected the correct courses
- When you’re ready to register for your classes, scroll down below the weekly schedule and make a note of each course’s CRN
- Click “Registration Portal” and enter your CRNs into Self Service to Register for your classes
- Watch this video for a short tutorial on how to register using Banner: (Embed video)
View video on the NECC YouTube Channel.