Liberal Arts: Writing Degree
Learn How to Improve Your Writing—and Career Options—at NECC!
There is always a demand for people who can write well, from journalists, to speechwriters, to people who are experts at writing user manuals for new products. The Liberal Arts: Writing Degree Program at NECC will teach you how to write for different purposes and audiences.
Why Choose NECC?
Almost every writer has a unique style. At NECC we will work with you to help your distinct voice emerge while exploring the many creative and vocational applications of writing. With this program you can:
- Build skills in many different forms of writing, including creative writing, nonfiction, technical writing, and journalism
- Have an opportunity to contribute creative writing to Parnassus, NECC’s award winning literary arts magazine
- Write for the NECC’s bi-weekly newspaper, the Observer, or Parnassus, the campus literary arts magazine
- Pursue a co-op (internship) in communications, publishing, or other writing-intensive fields
- Take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements to earn your bachelor’s degree in a number of fields, while saving thousands of dollars on the cost of your degree
Because of NECC
You will be prepared to transfer to a large number of bachelor degree programs to pursue many types of careers. You can:
- Transfer to bachelor degree programs in English, writing, communications and other liberal arts majors
- Pursue entry level jobs in a broad array of fields that require excellent writing skills
- Pursue freelance writing assignments in marketing, publishing, and other fields
Courses and RequirementsSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for the Liberal Arts: Writing degree.