Prepare for a Career in Information Technology (IT)
If you are seeking a career in Information Technology (IT), NECC can prepare you for a career as a computer operation, software technician, project manager, and more. You can also transfer to earn your bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field – and save thousands of dollars along the way.
Why Choose NECC?
NECC’s Information Technology Program covers the core aspects of IT, including hardware, software, networking and operations, programming, information security and development of web pages and interactive media. In this program you will:
- Learn how each IT area interacts and work together to support the network
- Understand the impact IT has on critical business functions, individuals, and society
- Benefit from extensive hands on experience in NECC’s state-of-the-art computer labs
- Have the opportunity to participate in internships at area businesses, gaining experience working in teams, communicating effectively, and learning day-to-day operations
- Learn from faculty with extensive professional IT experience
Because of NECC
You will be able to join thousands of alumni who are succeeding in a broad range of IT positions, or be well-prepared to transfer to the four-year college of your choice. After completing this associate degree you can:
- Transfer to a bachelor degree program in computer science, information technology or computer security, or a related field
- Pursue entry level jobs as a computer operator, software technician, project manager, and more
- Save thousands of the cost of earning a bachelor’s degree while benefiting from NECC’s educational support staff and resources
Computer and Information Sciences: Information Technology is one of NECC’s top ten largest programs
Northern Essex was just as focused as I was in finding a career for me that I would be challenged in, excel at, and enjoy.”
Samantha Romano, Computer and Information Sciences
Courses and RequirementsSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for Computer and Information Sciences: Information Technology.