Deaf Studies Certificate
Pursue a Career in Deaf Studies
If you have a bachelor’s degree or higher, and would like to explore careers working with the Deaf/Hard of Hearing/DeafBlind communities, the Deaf Studies Certificate is for you.
Why Choose NECC?
With the Deaf Studies Certificate, you can prepare for a career in American Sign Language (ASL)/English interpreting, education, human/social services, and more.
- Learn about the language , culture, and community of Deaf/Hard of Hearing/DeafBlind people
- Take part in networking opportunities with alumni and professionals in the community
- Participate in NECC’s American Sign Language (ASL) club
- Make yourself more marketable by adding this certificate to your bachelor’s degree
Because of NECC
With a Deaf Studies Certificate, you will be able to enhance your education and employment opportunities, especially in the fields such as interpreting, education, human/social services, and more. You can:
- Explore careers working with the Deaf/Hard of Hearing/DeafBlind communities
- Prepare to take the state-level Massachusetts Interpreter Screening through the Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (MCDHH). MCDHH-screened interpreters are eligible for entry-level interpreting work.
- Become an advocate for members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community