Early Childhood Education Associate Degree
Prepare for a Rewarding Career in Early Childhood Education
There is great joy in working with young children, but there is also a great amount you need to know to effectively support their development. NECC’s Early Childhood Education Program provides the foundation for a career teaching kindergarten or preschool or working in other early childhood education programs.
Why Choose NECC?
NECC’s program emphasizes the study of the young child as an individual, as part of a family system, and as a participant in group settings interacting with other children of similar age. In this program you will:
• Understand how children grow, develop and learn through coursework and field experience
• Participate in practicums and field placements, which allows you to apply theory and skills under guidance and supervision in classrooms and educational programs
• Plan and implement lesson plans, learning activities, and developmentally appropriate curriculum
• Take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements to save thousands of dollars on your bachelor’s degree
Because of NECC
You will be well prepared to both seek a job in an early childhood learning environment and to continue your education to pursue a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or a related filed. After completing this program you can:
- Pursue entry-level positions in area pre-schools, kindergartens, and Head Start Programs
- Seamlessly transfer earned credits to the public or private four-year college of your choice to pursue a bachelor’s degree
- Go on to become a certified lead teacher or early childhood care center director
NECC has definitely helped me get the education I need at an affordable cost.”
Maeve Hurley, Early Childhood Education
Hear What Jody Carson, Early Childhood Education Faculty, Has to Say
Courses, Requirements, and Program NotesSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
Career Paths & Job Market
NECC’s Early Childhood Education program has been accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).