Elementary Education Associate Degree
Start at NECC and We’ll Help You go to the Head of the Class
As a teacher at the elementary level (grades 1 – 6), you will need to understand a broad array of subjects, as well as how to effectively teach each subject. By starting at NECC you will gain this foundation and also save thousands of dollars on the cost of your bachelor’s degree as you prepare for a career as an elementary school teacher.
Why Choose NECC?
NECC’s program provides you with a strong basis in arts and sciences through Liberal Arts courses. Educational courses focus on the current Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks. In this program you will:
- Learn about child growth and development
- Understand how cultural and socioeconomic differences can impact learning
- Delve into the reading process as well as special education requirements
- Be able to take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements to save thousands of dollars on your bachelor’s degree
Because of NECC
You will be able to join our other graduates who have found success in the rewarding career of teaching. After completing this program, you can:
- Transfer to a four-year college or university to complete your bachelor’s degree in elementary education or a related field
- Seek work as a paraprofessional (teaching assistant)
- Go on to become a certified elementary school teacher
I find (first-graders) are really eager to learn at that age and participate in activities”
Daniel Pierce, Elementary Education