Middle/High School Teaching Option
Let NECC’s Great Teachers Help You Become One, Too
Do you remember your favorite teacher? At NECC you can prepare to become a middle or high school teacher and inspire a new generation of students. By starting at NECC you complete the foundational courses a bachelor’s degree requires at a much lower cost.
Why Choose NECC?
NECC provides the most affordable way to complete education and broad coursework in the arts and sciences to prepare you for transfer to a four-year college and earn your bachelor’s degree to become a licensed teacher. While the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks is reference in your education classes, instruction is still applicable to those who wish to teach in New Hampshire or other states. In this program you will:
- Learn about the theory and practice of teaching and how to manage a classroom
- Better understand the growth and development of adolescents and the impact that socioeconomic differences can have on learning
- Increase your awareness and sensitivity to the wide diversity of children in public schools today
- Gain real-world experience through field experiences in the classroom
Because of NECC
Upon completion of this program, you will be prepared to transfer to complete your bachelor’s degree and pursue a career as a teacher. You will also be prepared to begin working immediately as a teaching assistant, and many alumni actually do both. After completing the program you can:
- Be able to take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements to save thousands of dollars while you earn your bachelor’s degree in secondary education or a related field.
- Pursue teaching assistant positions at public, charter, private, or religious schools
- Go on to become a certified middle or high school teacher