Middle/High School Teaching Option
Let NECC’s Great Teachers Help You Become One, Too
Do you remember your favorite teacher? At NECC you can prepare to become a middle or high school teacher and inspire a new generation of students. By starting at NECC you complete the foundational courses a bachelor’s degree requires at a much lower cost.
Why Choose NECC?
NECC provides the most affordable way to complete education and broad coursework in the arts and sciences to prepare you for transfer to a four-year college and earn your bachelor’s degree to become a licensed teacher. In this program you will:
- Learn about the theory and practice of teaching and how to manage a classroom
- Better understand the growth and development of adolescents and the impact that socioeconomic differences can have on learning
- Increase your awareness and sensitivity to the wide diversity of children in public schools today
- Gain real-world experience through field experiences in the classroom
Because of NECC
Upon completion of this program, you will be prepared to transfer to complete your bachelor’s degree and pursue a career as a teacher. You will also be prepared to begin working immediately as a teaching assistant, and many alumni actually do both. After completing the program you can:
- Be able to take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements to save thousands of dollars while you earn your bachelor’s degree in secondary education or a related field.
- Pursue teaching assistant positions at public, charter, private, or religious schools
- Go on to become a certified middle or high school teacher