You Can Succeed in College Even if You Are Unsure of Your Direction
If you want to go to college but are unsure of what you want to study, the Exploratory Program at NECC is for you. The program features resources to help you explore your interests, determine your personal strengths, and learn about different majors and careers. By participating in the Exploratory Program, you can start your college career and discover the direction that is right for you.
Why Choose NECC?
Many students are uncertain of the career direction they want to take when they arrive at NECC. The Exploratory Program provides a convenient and affordable option. Courses are offered on campus and online, both day and evening, and you can study full or part time on the Haverhill or Lawrence campus. The program provides you with courses that you can transfer to your ultimate major of choice. It also provides extra guidance and support to help you decide on your major, which you will do before completing 29 college credits. Through this program, you can:
- Earn college credit while exploring your interests and discover what you would like to do in your career
- Work with a faculty mentor throughout the program
- Learn about current jobs in your fields of interest as well as job outlooks and salaries
Because of NECC
You will be prepared to choose a major that will lead to a career that is right for you. You will:
- Engage in career exploration activities and workshops
- Explore the variety of academic programs offered at the college
- Learn how to develop short and long term goals for college and career
- Meet potential employers and talk with representatives from transfer institutions