General Studies: Movement Science Option
Prepare for a Career in Fitness at NECC!
If you are a fitness enthusiast and love helping people to improve their quality of life through exercise, NECC’s General Studies in Movement Science is for you. The program leads to a wide variety of careers from physical education teacher to personal trainer to coach and recreation manager.
Why Choose NECC?
This program provides a foundation for a wide variety of fitness-focused careers, covering biology, anatomy and physiology, nutrition, and strength and conditioning. In this program you will:
- Study the discipline and sub-disciplines of physical activity
- Explore the wide variety of fitness careers
- Benefit from first responder training
- Gain hands-on experience in NECC’s Wellness & Fitness Center as a personal trainer, and work with student athletes
- Have a chance to pursue related volunteer opportunities with youth sports and recreation groups, at the YMCA, Boys and Girls Clubs, Senior Centers, and area schools
Because of NECC
You will be prepared to transfer to a number of physical activity and sport-related degree programs at the baccalaureate level, or to pursue a broad range of jobs in the fitness industry. After completing the General Studies: Movement Science Degree you can:
- Take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements and save thousands of dollars on your bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a related field
- Pursue jobs as a personal trainer, group exercise instructor, youth sports programmer, fitness center employee, or as a coach at a variety of levels
Everything about NECC was right for me … I came here, took it slow, and excelled and built my confidence”
Matt Valli, General Studies: Movement Science