Business Management: Healthcare Practice
Prepare for a Career in the Business Side of Health Care
Health care is one of the largest employment industries in Massachusetts and the U.S. and continues to grow. With NECC’s program you’ll learn about the business side of health care, preparing you for important roles in a variety of health care environments.
Why Choose NECC?
With the Business Management: Healthcare Practice associate degree you will be prepared to fill a variety of health care positions when you graduate. You will also be able to transfer your credits to a four-year school, to pursue a bachelor’s degree in a business or health discipline. Some program graduates have done both, accelerating their careers while also saving thousands of dollars on their degree. With this program you will:
- Develop leadership, communication, customer-service, and problem-solving skills necessary to manage financial and human resources
- Learn medical terminology, coding, and classifications used in medical billing
- Understand sound managerial practices and procedures and operations of the health care industry
Because of NECC
You can pursue administrative and managerial positions in a variety of health care settings, or continue your education. Upon program completion you’ll be able to:
- Manage all facets of medical offices including customer service, billing, and staffing
- Transfer credits toward a bachelor’s degree in business management, health care management or related health care field
Northern Essex opened doors for me and helped me find a career I love.”
Shari Carter, Business Management, Healthcare Practice Management
Courses, Requirements, and Program NotesSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for Business Management: Healthcare Practice.