Community Health Worker Certificate
Promote Good Health in Your Community! Explore Our Community Health Worker Certificate
Are you interested in a career in health care where you can help both individuals and the community? At NECC you can prepare for a career as a community health worker, providing health education, assisting with accessing health care services, collecting statistics and coordinating care for individuals in your community.
Why Choose the Community Health Worker Certificate?
The Community Health Worker Certificate is offered in the evening and will prepare you for a variety of entry-level positions in community health. You will also be able to apply your credits to earn an Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization. With this program, you will:
- Complete most of your coursework online, and only come to the Lawrence Campus once or twice a week – making it easier to fit college in with your busy life
- Receive personalized attention from a career coach/mentor who will help you navigate online learning and help you access student support services, including financial aid, tutoring, and technical support
- Learn about healthy lifestyles, strategies for delivering public health programs, and public health issues and education
- Understand how to provide health care referrals, collect statistics, and coordinate care for clients
- Gain real-world experience by participating in a practicum (internship) in a community and/or health care setting
Because of NECC
You will be eligible to pursue career paths that are expected to grow, such as community health worker, health educator and advisor, and health insurance navigator. You will be able to:
- Work in community based settings, such as homes, schools, clinics, shelters, local businesses, and community centers
- Conduct community outreach to provide health education, information, and outreach to provide social support, care coordination, health screenings, and advocate for individual and community needs
- Transfer your credits to earn your Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization
Courses, Requirements, and Program NotesSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for Community Health Worker.
Additional Program Costs