Computed Tomography (Advanced Certificate)
Become a CT Technologist
Computed Tomography is a rapidly growing advanced imaging technology that creates cross-sectional and three-dimensional images of the body using radiation and computers. If you are currently working as a radiologic technologist and want to increase your marketability and earnings with additional skills or certifications, this program is for you.
Why Choose NECC?
By completing the Certificate in Computed Tomography at NECC, you will study normal cross-sectional anatomy and learn how common pathologies appear on CT images. You will also learn the special requirements needed for caring for patients in today’s CT departments. With this program, you can:
- Complete courses around your current work schedule – courses are offered online, and the clinical practicums can be completed days, evenings, or weekends
- Understand how the CT equipment functions as well as radiation protection and safety measures specific to CT
- Gain real-world experience through practicums (internships)
Because of NECC
You will be able to pursue many career paths, and there is an ongoing need for technologists who have CT training and experience. Job prospects are very good and expected to grow. Upon completing the Certificate in Computed Tomography at NECC, you can:
- Work as an entry-level CT technologist in hospitals and outpatient imaging centers
- Prepare for the national certification exam in CT offered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists