Prepare for a Career in Fitness With an Exercise Science Degree at NECC!
If you are a fitness enthusiast and love helping people to improve their quality of life through exercise, NECC’s Exercise Science is for you. The program leads to a wide variety of careers from physical therapist and nutritionist to athletic trainer or personal trainer.
Why Choose NECC?
This program, depending on your concentration, provides a foundation that maximizes transfer opportunities to baccalaureate level programs in exercise physiology, nutrition, athletic training and pre-physical therapy, or sets you up for a career in the health and fitness field. In this program you will:
- Study the discipline and sub-disciplines of physical activity
- Explore the wide variety of physical activity related careers
- Learn to develop fitness and nutrition programs
- Gain hands-on experience in NECC’s Wellness & Fitness Center as a personal trainer, and work with student athletes
- Have a chance to pursue related volunteer opportunities with youth sports and recreation groups, at the YMCA, Boys and Girls Clubs, Senior Centers, and area schools
- Earn the National Strength & Conditioning Certificate in Personal Training at a discounted rate
Because of NECC
You will be prepared to transfer to a number of exercise science and sport-related degree programs at the baccalaureate level, or to pursue a broad range of jobs in the fitness industry. After completing the Exercise Science Degree you can:
- Take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements and save thousands of dollars on your bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a related field
- Pursue jobs as a personal trainer, group exercise instructor, youth sports programmer, fitness professional, or as a coach at a variety of levels
Everything about NECC was right for me … I came here, took it slow, and excelled and built my confidence”
Matt Valli, General Studies: Movement Science