Healthcare Technician Certificate – iHealth
Launch Your Career in Health Care!
Prepare for a career in health care in as little as little as 10 months! Healthcare technicians draw blood from patients and prepare specimens for testing or storage. They also perform EKGs (electrocardiograms) on patients to record and monitor their heart rate and rhythm.
Why Choose iHealth@NECC?
With the iHealth@NECC Healthcare Technician Certificate, you will be prepared to seek a job when you graduate. You will also be able to apply your credits to earn an Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization. (Some of our students do both and get great jobs while continuing their education!) With this program, you will:
- Complete most of your coursework online, and only come to the Lawrence Campus once or twice a week – making it easier to fit college in with your busy life
- Receive personalized attention from a career coach/mentor who will help you with the rigors of online learning and facilitate access to student support services including financial aid, tutoring, and technical support
- Develop the communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills you need for a successful career in health care
- Gain real-world experience in a phlebotomy externship
Because of iHealth@NECC
You will be able to pursue a job as a healthcare technician, phlebotomist, or EKG technician. You will be able to:
- work in hospitals, doctors’ offices, or medical and diagnostic labs
- transfer your credits to earn your Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization