Medical Assistant Certificate – iHealth
Prepare for a Great Career in Health Care
If you are seeking a career in health care that combines working directly with patients with administrative duties, the Medical Assistant Certificate at NECC is for you. Job prospects are excellent and expected to grow.
Why Choose iHealth@NECC?
With the iHealth@NECC Medical Assistant Certificate, you will be prepared to seek a job when you graduate. You’ll learn how to take medical histories and vital signs, draw blood, and assist physicians with other outpatient care tasks. You will also be able to apply your credits to earn an associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization. (Some of our students do both and get great jobs while continuing their education!) With this program, you will:
- Complete most of your coursework online, and only come to the Lawrence Campus one to two evenings per week for in-class meetings and laboratory sessions
- Receive personalized attention from a career coach/mentor who will help you with the rigors of online learning and facilitate access to student support services including financial aid, tutoring, and technical support
- Learn about physical assessment, diagnostic procedures, and surgical techniques
- Master communication skills and medical terminology critical to direct patient interaction in the office, on the phone, and online
- Gain real-world experience through a medical assisting practicum
Because of iHealth@NECC
You will be prepared to work in a variety of health care environments, and be qualified to take the national certification exam. After successfully completing the Medical Assistant Certificate you can:
- Take the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) qualifying exam
- Work in physician offices, outpatient care facilities, hospitals, clinics, nursing care facilities, and related environments
- Transfer your credits to earn you Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization