Prepare for a Great Career in Health Care with the Medical Assistant Certificate – Evening Program
If you are seeking a career in health care that combines working directly with patients with administrative duties, the Medical Assistant Certificate evening program at NECC is for you. Job prospects are excellent and expected to grow.
Why Choose NECC?
With the Medical Assistant Certificate – Evening program, you will be prepared to seek a job when you graduate. You’ll learn how to take medical histories and vital signs, draw blood, and assist physicians with other outpatient care tasks. You will also be able to apply your credits to earn an associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization. (Some of our students do both and get great jobs while continuing their education!) With this program, you will:
- Learn about physical assessment, diagnostic procedures, and surgical techniques
- Master communication skills and medical terminology critical to direct patient interaction in the office, on the phone, and online
- Gain real-world experience through a medical assisting practicum
Because of NECC
You will be prepared to work in a variety of health care environments, and be qualified to take the national certification exam. After successfully completing the Medical Assistant Certificate you can:
- Take the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) qualifying exam
- Work in physician offices, outpatient care facilities, hospitals, clinics, nursing care facilities, and related environments
- Transfer your credits to earn you Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization
Courses and RequirementsSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for the Medical Assistant – Evening Program Pathway.