Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
This page is a draft and may not accurately represent the final published page.
Medical billing and coding is one of the fastest growing careers in the healthcare field! This 100% online program will prepare you for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam, offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Medical Billers and Coders play an important role in our healthcare system reimbursement cycle by ensuring healthcare providers receive accurate and efficient payment for the services performed. If you are detail oriented, have strong computer skills, and are seeking a healthcare position in an office environment, or even remotely – a career in medical billing and coding may be for you.
Why Choose NECC?
The Medical Billing and Coding certificate is 100% online and is designed for entry-level positions. Courses include Medical Terminology, Human Biology, Clinical Pathophysiology, as well as specific billing and coding courses.
- Gain first-hand experience in medical billing and coding with simulated medical records in a web-based learning platform.
- Learn common medical terminology of the body and how it relates to diagnostic procedures, nuclear medicine and pharmacology
- Overview of medical billing and coding in today’s healthcare system
- Learn how the CPT Category II codes and ICD-10 codes work and how to assign them in common medical billing and coding procedures.
Because of NECC
You will be prepared to work in a variety of healthcare settings including hospitals, clinics, physicians’ offices, medical insurance companies, government agencies, and coding service offices. Job opportunities are very good and are expected to grow. After successfully completing the Medical Billing and Coding Certificate you can:
- Be fully prepared to take Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam, offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Work in a variety of healthcare settings including hospitals, clinics, physicians’ offices, medical insurance companies, government agencies, and coding service offices
- Transfer your credits to earn an Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization
Courses and Requirements
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for the Medical Billing and Coding Certificate.