Medical Billing Certificate – iHealth
Get Started on a Career in Health Care!
If you are seeking a job in health care that entails working in an office environment, a career in medical billing may be for you. Medical billers facilitate the claims paying process from the time a service is rendered by a health care provider until the balance is paid.
Why Choose iHealth@NECC?
With the iHealth@NECC Medical Billing Certificate, you will be prepared to seek a job when you graduate. You will also be able to apply your credits to earn an Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization. With this program, you will:
- Complete your coursework online – making it easier to fit college in with your busy life
- Learn medical terminology, coding conventions and systems, insurance claims and reimbursements, legal issues, and handling patient inquiries
- Gain real world experience in a medical billing externship.
Because of iHealth@NECC
You will be prepared to pursue a job in medical billing in a variety of health care settings. You will be able to:
- Work in hospitals, clinics, medical offices, medical insurance companies, and other health care facilities.
- Transfer your credits to earn your Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization
The Medical Billing and Medical Coding Programs really prepared me for a career. The internship is what really made the difference.”
Lindsey Santiago, Medical Billing and Medical Coding