Medical Coding Certificate – iHealth
Get Started on a Career in Health Care!
Medical Coders play an important role in reimbursement and compliance in the health care system. If you are seeking a career in health care that does not involve directly working with patients, the Certificate in Medical Coding may be for you.
Why Choose iHealth@NECC?
With the iHealth@NECC Medical Coding Certificate, you will be prepared to seek a job when you graduate. You will also be able to apply your credits to earn an Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization. With this program, you will:
- Complete most of your coursework online, and only come to the Lawrence campus once a week –making it easier to fit college in with your busy life
- Receive personalized attention from a career coach/mentor who will help you with the rigors of online learning and facilitate access to student support services including financial aid, tutoring, and technical support
- Learn medical terminology, human biology, and medical coding practices
- Gain real-world experience in a medical coding practicum
Because of iHealth@NECC
You will be able to pursue a job in medical coding in a variety of health care settings. You will be able to:
- Work in hospitals, clinics, physician’s offices, medical insurance companies, government agencies and coding services offices.
- Transfer your credits to earn your Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization
I always said if medical coding was ever offered online I would enroll. The iHealth hybrid course is perfect for someone like me who works full time.”
Kathleen Coughlin, Medical Coding