Medical Coding Certificate
Get Started on a Career in Health Care, With the Medical Coding Certificate!
Medical Coders play an important role in reimbursement and compliance in the health care system. If you are seeking a career in health care that does not involve directly working with patients, the Certificate in Medical Coding may be for you.
Why Choose NECC?
With the Medical Coding Certificate, you will be prepared to seek a job when you graduate. You will also be able to apply your credits to earn an Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization. With this program, you will:
- Complete most of your coursework online, and only come to the Lawrence campus once a week –making it easier to fit college in with your busy life
- Receive personalized attention from a career coach/mentor who will help you with the rigors of online learning and facilitate access to student support services including financial aid, tutoring, and technical support
- Learn medical terminology, human biology, and medical coding practices
- Gain real-world experience in a medical coding practicum
Because of NECC
You will be able to pursue a job in medical coding in a variety of health care settings. You will be able to:
- Work in hospitals, clinics, physician’s offices, medical insurance companies, government agencies and coding services offices.
- Transfer your credits to earn your Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization
I always said if medical coding was ever offered online I would enroll. The hybrid course is perfect for someone like me who works full time.”
Kathleen Coughlin, Medical Coding
Courses, Requirements, and Program NotesSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for the Medical Coding.