Public Health Associate Degree – iHealth
Launch a Career in Health and Wellness With iHealth@NECC
If you want to pursue a career promoting the health and wellness of individuals, families, and communities, a rewarding career in public health is for you. You can fill many important roles including health educator, patient advocate, community liaison, or focus on keeping workers and the environment safe.
Why Choose iHealth@NECC?
The iHealth@NECC Associate Degree in Public Health will prepare you for a variety of entry-level public health positions in the community. You will also be able to transfer credits toward a bachelor’s degree in health education, health administration, environmental health, or a related field. With this program you will:
- Complete most of your coursework online, and only come to the Lawrence Campus once or twice a week – making it easier to fit college into your busy life
- Receive personalized attention from a career coach/mentor who will help you with the rigors of online learning and facilitate access to student support services including financial aid, tutoring, and technical support
- Learn about healthy lifestyles, population perspectives, public health issues, systems, programs, outreach, and education
- Benefit from real-world experience by participating in a practicum (internship)
Because of iHealth@NECC
You can pursue entry-level positions in private, public, and federal health care agencies, or choose to continue your education. Upon program completion you’ll be able to:
- Serve in roles critical to wellness such as patient navigator, family advocate, community support specialist, environmental protection, or worker safety advocate
- Transfer credits toward a bachelor’s degree in a related health care field and save thousands of dollars on your education