Community Support Human Services Practitioner Certificate
Make a Difference in the Lives of Others
We all have the power to make a difference. At NECC you can gain skills and knowledge that will enable you to positively impact people’s lives, especially those struggling with emotional, mental or developmental disabilities, and/or substance abuse issues.
Why Choose NECC?
NECC will prepare you to provide direct services to individuals living in residential or community homes. This program is approved by the Council for Standards in Human Service Education and integrates the National Community Support Skill Standards into the curriculum.
With this program you will:
- Learn about a variety of societal issues including homelessness, child abuse and neglect, and domestic violence
- Benefit from supervised experiences in residential programs, shelters, and other settings
- Understand group dynamics and behavior management principles
- Practice observation, communication, interviewing, and documentation skills
- Be able to apply earned credits toward NECC’s Associate Degree in Human Services
Because of NECC
You will gain firsthand experience in the field of human services, developing personal and professional skills applicable to a broad array of career paths – the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects strong growth in the field. You will also be well prepared to continue your education. Upon completion of the program you can:
- Work in a variety of settings, including shelters for the homeless, domestic violence programs, community residences, adolescent programs, vocational programs, or home support services
- Apply program credits toward NECC’s Associate Degree in Human Services
- Pursue credentialing through the National Organization of Human Services (NOHS) as a Human Services Board Certified Practitioner