Liberal Arts: Philosophy
Sharpen Your Critical Thinking and Analytical Skills With a Philosophy Degree
If you are a deep thinker and are seeking a broad education that can be the foundation for careers in law, education, public service, religion, business, or more, a degree in Liberal Arts: Philosophy is for you.
Why Choose NECC?
By completing this program, you will experience a wide range of ideas and viewpoints through a variety of classes that emphasize critical reading, critical thinking, research, and communications. With this program, you can:
- Improve your ability to reason and understand complex issues
- Learn critical thinking skills to solve challenging problems
- Develop your communication skills
- Utilize NECC resources to help you succeed, including computer labs, tutoring centers, a career and academic advising center, and participate in career workshops.
Because of NECC
Upon graduation from NECC with a degree in Liberal Arts: Philosophy, you will have acquired a strong foundation for transferring to a four-year school, and can pursue many career paths. Upon completion of the program, you can:
- Take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements to earn your bachelor’s degree, while saving thousands of dollars on the cost of your degree
- Prepare for a career in fields such as law, education, public service, business, politics, and more
Courses and RequirementsSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for the Liberal Arts Philosophy Associate Degree.