Expand Your Understanding of Human Behavior and Your Career Options
If you understand how the mind works, and the impact this has on human behavior, you can prepare for a variety of helping professions including counselor, social worker, family advocate and more with NECC’s Liberal Arts: Psychology degree.
Why Choose NECC?
Because many psychology-related occupations require a bachelor’s degree, you’ll save thousands of dollars on your education by first completing foundational coursework at NECC and then taking advantage of MassTransfer Pathways or other transfer agreements. With this program you will:
- Take key courses in biology, physiology, sociology, and behavioral science
- Complete introductory-level psychology courses
- Be able to use knowledge and skills gained in the program in leadership positions at student clubs and organizations
- Benefit from NECC’s exceptional student support services and sequential approach to learning
Because of NECC
You will be well prepared to continue your education and earn a bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field. After completing the Associate Degree in Liberal Arts: Psychology you can:
- Take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements to earn your bachelor’s degree in a number of fields, while saving thousands of dollars on the cost of your degree
- Prepare for careers in psychology, education, social work, administration, and more
Liberal Arts: Psychology
is one of NECC’s top ten
Northern Essex allowed me to get on track academically. It prepared me well for transfer to a four-year university.”
Carlos Rivera, Liberal Arts Psychology and Biology
Courses and RequirementsSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for the Liberal Arts: Psychology Associate Degree.