Associate in Science Biology Degree
Prepare for Multiple Life Sciences Careers With NECC’s Associate in Science Biology Degree
Studying biology can lead to a wide variety of rewarding careers in biotechnology, health care, environmental science, research, education, and more. While most biology-related careers require a bachelor’s degree, starting at NECC will provide the solid foundation you need while saving you thousands of dollars on the cost of your education.
Why Choose NECC?
NECC’s Associate in Science Biology Degree is an intensive science program that combines classroom study with laboratory experiences in biology, chemistry and other natural sciences. The program also includes liberal arts and mathematics courses ensuring streamlined transfer of your credits toward a bachelor’s degree. In this program you will:
- Study biology, ecology, chemistry, and cell biology
- Gain hands-on experience with laboratory processes and procedures
- Choose from a wide variety of electives in social sciences and humanities
- Benefit from the chance to participate in extracurricular activities including a science club and meet guest speakers working in science careers
Because of NECC
You will be prepared to transfer to bachelor’s in biology programs at public and private four-year schools, and can:
- Take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements to earn your bachelor’s degree in biology or a related field, while saving thousands of dollars on the cost of your degree
- Pursue a career in biotechnology, health care, environmental science, research, education, and more
Hear What Ken Thomas, Natural Sciences Faculty, Has to Say
View video on the NECC YouTube Channel.
Courses and RequirementsSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for the Associate in Science Biology Degree.