ESOL Career Programs
FREE Career Program for English Language Learners
Accounting and QuickBooks Certificate Program
September 2020 to March 2021, 20 weeks-20 hours per week.
The program develops:
- English language skills for accounting careers and civic engagement
- Math, digital literacy, accounting skills
- Your employment portfolio and job readiness skills
- QuickBooks Online training and certification
- Advising and support services
- will improve their English, academic and occupational skills.
- may earn 3 credits toward an NECC certificate or associate degree.
- Intermediate or higher level (SPL 4/5) English
- High School Diploma
- 20 hours per week, 20 weeks commitment
Classes Meeting Times
Monday to Thursday, 9:00 am to 2:30 pm; classes will be conducted online.
Wednesdays, 4:00 to 5:00 pm, via Zoom, July 8, July 22, Aug 5, Aug 19, 2020. Please email email@example.com to register.
Can’t attend a Zoom session? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
Alisa Povenmire, Coordinator
This program is funded with a grant from the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Mari Vargas, Accounting Program
My name is Mari Vargas. I am from Dominican Republic, and I have been in the United States for almost 6 years. I heard about the Business and Accounting Fundamentals Program in my English class, and I knew the program was for me because I am interested in a degree in Accounting.
When the program started, I thought it would be hard for me because my English skills were not very strong, but the instructors made my path through the program easy. This program improved my English a lot and helped me to open my mind to educate more myself. I learned Accounting basics, Math, QuickBooks, Civics, and Computer Literacy in only 5 months. This program also taught me how to make an effective resume and they connected me with some employers.
At the end of the program, I earned a certificate in Accounting and Bookkeeping, and I became a QuickBooks Certified User. I really recommend the program; you will love it and love the people there. I made a close relationship with all my classmates. I learned about different cultures from them, and we became like a family with no difference.