Preparing for Classes in English – Academic ESL
We Can Help You Succeed in College
Our commitment to helping everyone access a high quality college education includes providing high-level coursework in English as a Second Language.
When you apply to become an NECC student, you will take the ESL Placement Assessment, and meet with an ESL advisor, which will help to accurately place you in the appropriate classes to ensure your success.
If you need to improve your English language skills in order to earn a college degree or certificate, you will be placed in an appropriate level class. These courses will help you make progress in your English language skills to move on to college-level courses.
Prepare for College-Level Study, Experience College Life
These programs are run like typical college classes with additional benefits and support including:
- One-on-one tutoring
- Conversation Groups, and Workshops
- Support from counselors and advisors
- Access to NECC’s library, computer labs, and technical support
- Experiences that connect classroom learning to the community
- Opportunity to participate in NECC’s clubs, activities, leadership programs, and sports teams
Fast Learner? There are Multiple Ways to Accelerate Your Progress
- Once you reach the Advanced ESL level you will be able to take some courses toward your degree
- NECC offers accelerated learning programs and the opportunity to skip levels