Academic ESL – Preparing for Classes in English
We Can Help You Succeed in College
Our commitment to helping everyone access a high quality college education includes providing high-level coursework in English as a Second Language.
As part of the ESL Enrollment process, you will take the ESL Placement Assessment and speak with an ESL advisor to determine your levels of English reading, writing, listening & speaking. The Academic ESL courses will help you improve your language skills so that you are ready to succeed in your degree and certificate courses.
Prepare for College-Level Study, Experience College Life
These programs are run like typical college classes with additional benefits and support including:
- One-on-one tutoring
- Conversation groups and workshops
- Support from counselors and advisors
- Access to NECC’s library, computer labs, and technical support
- Experiences that connect classroom learning to the community
- Opportunity to participate in NECC’s clubs, activities, leadership programs, and sports teams
Fast Learner? There are Multiple Ways to Accelerate Your Progress
- Once you reach the Advanced ESL level you will be able to take some courses toward your degree
- NECC offers accelerated learning programs and the opportunity to skip levels