Mpox Information and Updates
If you have been diagnosed with Mpox, or have come into contact with a positive individual please fill out the Mpox Exposure Form
- Mpox is a rare disease that is spread through close, personal contact including
- Direct contact, including sexual contact, with mpox rash, scabs, or body fluids from a person with monkeypox.
- Touching objects, fabrics (clothing, bedding, or towels), and surfaces that have been used by someone with monkeypox.
- Contact with respiratory secretions.
- Protecting yourself
- Try to avoid contact with anyone who has tested positive if possible.
- If you must be within 6 feet of them, you should wear a respirator or well-fitting mask and they must wear a well-fitting mask.
- Do not share silverware or cups.
- Do not touch their sheets, blankets, towels, or clothing. If you do touch any of these things, you should wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- If you are sexually active
- Talk to your partner about any recent illnesses.
- Be aware of any new or unexplained rashes on your body or your partner’s body.
- Talk with a health care professional if you have any questions.
- Common resources