Prepare to Graduate
Before you begin your Graduation Application you should conduct your own graduation audit, either by logging into “Self Service” or meeting with your academic advisor or an advisor in the CPAC advising centers in Haverhill or Lawrence.
NECC awards associate degrees in arts and sciences, and certificates to all qualified students at commencement exercises for each class. In order to receive this award, students must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of all required courses in a curriculum with a passing letter grade, or with the minimum letter grade specified for that course
- Completion of a minimum of 24 credit hours of course work at NECC in order to qualify for a degree, and a minimum of 12 credits of classroom work to qualify for a certificate, not including CLEP, Credit for Life Learning, Challenge Exams, and Advance Placements credits
- Attainment of a cumulative quality point average (QPA) of 2.00 or higher
- Completion of the petition for graduation prior to the deadline date as prescribed in the Academic Calendar
- Payment of all financial obligations and the return of all equipment at the college
- Student may be required to re-petition, at a later date if they do not complete appropriate requirements
- Conduct a graduation audit in Self Service and meet with your Academic Advisor to ensure that you meet the Graduation Requirements for your Program of Study.
- Students must complete a Graduation Application to be eligible to graduate.
- Students must submit the completed graduation application by:
- March 31st if they are petitioning to graduate for May, 31st
- December 1st, for those petitioning to graduate for December 31st
- August 15 if petitioning to graduate for August 31st
- Students should submit the completed Graduation Application to Enrollment Services, Welcome/Express Desk in Haverhill or Lawrence.
Honors and High Honors are awarded at commencement to all students with a cumulative GPA of:
3.00 – 3.49 Honors (Inclusive) 3.50 – 4.00 High Honors
Honors read at the Commencement ceremony are based on the graduate’s GPA at the end of the fall semester.
Please call 978-556-3719 for accommodations at the commencement ceremony or contact Enrollment Services with questions regarding graduation via email email@example.com