Need help with your classes? Feeling overwhelmed? Schedule an appointment to meet with an academic coach. You can schedule an appointment through Navigate. (Please see instructions below on how to schedule the appointment.)
What Is Academic Coaching?
Academic coaching is a personalized, one-on-one meeting with a trained academic coach who can help you improve your skills and performance. Working with an academic coach can help you study smarter by developing skills in time management, goal setting, and test preparation.
How Will Academic Coaching Help Me?
Academic coaching will help you become a more effective learner, not simply to survive the crisis of the day. Using current class assignments as a springboard, we will work with you to help you develop the habits that allow you to succeed in current courses and beyond, across all subjects, throughout your academic career, in the workplace and your life.
Support Services We Provide
- study skills
- note-taking skills
- time management
- organizational skills
- test taking strategies
- online learning success strategies
- goal setting
- soft skills
- assignment completion schedule
- understanding and breaking down assignments
- brainstorming for major assignments and projects
- connecting to other support services
- motivation and encouragement
How can I meet with an Academic Coach?
Academic Coaching offers in-person and virtual appointments.
To schedule an appointment:
- Log in to Navigate.
- You can log in to Navigate using the Navigate app (search for Navigate Student in the Apple App Store or Google Play). Or…
- You can log in to Navigate through your MyNECC portal. Once you’re logged into your MyNECC portal, click on Student Navigate.
- Click on Appointments and then on Schedule an Appointment.
- Select: Academic Coaching
- Select: First Time or Follow Up appointment.
- Select: Date
- Click on Find Available Time.
- Select Location: Haverhill or Lawrence
- Note: A location (Haverhill or Lawrence) must be selected for either an in-person or virtual appointment. However, virtual appointments will be via Zoom.
- Select Meeting Type: In-Person or Virtual
Note: If you are already working with an academic coach, please make sure that you are scheduling the appointment with your assigned academic coach.