Interpreting / Communication Access Services
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services coordinates communication access for all campus-related activities including, interpreting, speech-to-text, and CART services. Communication access is also provide for on-going classes, tutorials, advising sessions, meetings and other situations as requested and approved.
Services are provided to students, staff and community members who are deaf or hard of hearing and participate in college programs, events and services.
All service providers are professionals who are credentialed (i.e. by the National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf) or have passed a quality assurance screening.
Approval through Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services is required prior to delivery of services.
Renewal of services is required each semester for all credit and non-credit courses as well as for ongoing campus activities and events.
Submit Your Request
You may submit a request for Interpreter/Communication Access Services in one of the following ways:
- Complete the Interpreting Communication Access Services Request Form.
- Email the the Accommodations Scheduler at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-556-3897 or 978-241-7054 (VP/V).
- Go to Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services room SC110 of the Behrakis Student Center and meet with the Manager of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services for approval.
Please remember to include the following information with your request:
- Your name
- Your phone number, pager address, email
- Date, day of the week, time and location of the class/event/meeting
- Type of service requested (interpreting, CART, C-Print)
- Topic of class/meeting
- Names of people attending
- Names of preferred interpreter/captionist
Upon receipt of your request, the Accommodations Scheduler will confirm your request. One week advance notice is appreciated as it has become increasingly more difficult to secure services without advanced notice. We will do our best to cover all requests, however, coverage can never be guaranteed.