Connect With the Services You Need to Succeed at NECC
If you are a student with documented disabilities or are Deaf or Hard of Hearing, the Learning Accommodations Center can connect you to the services you need to succeed at NECC.
The Learning Accommodations Center, located on both the Haverhill and Lawrence Campuses, determines the types of resources that will provide equal access to students with a documented disability who are enrolled in credit or noncredit courses.
Potential Accommodations and Support Services Include:
- Accessible furniture
- Accommodation Assistants in the classroom (such as scribes)
- Assistive Technology
- Classroom and environmental modifications, such as preferential seating and testing accommodations
- Consultation and training to staff, faculty, administrators, students and the community about the College’s legal obligations under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
- Disability related educational counseling and advising
- Faculty mediation
- Special computer software and other devices
- Support Groups