Connect With the Services You Need to Succeed at NECC
If you are a student with documented disabilities or are Deaf or Hard of Hearing, the Learning Accommodations Center can connect you to the services you need to succeed at NECC.
The Learning Accommodations Center, located on both the Haverhill and Lawrence Campuses, determines the types of resources that will provide equal access to students with a documented disability who are enrolled in credit or noncredit courses.
Services Offered Include:
- Assistive Technology
- Special computer software and other devices
- Classroom and environmental modifications, such as preferential seating and testing accommodations
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
- Disability related educational counseling and advising
- Faculty mediation
- Paraprofessional Assistants in the classroom (such as scribes)
- Support Groups
- Consultation and training to staff, faculty, administrators, students and the community about the College’s legal obligations under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act.