Commonwealth Commitment Can Help You Achieve the Dream of a College Degree.
Now it’s more affordable than ever for Massachusetts residents to earn a bachelor’s degree. Complete your associate degree at Northern Essex, transfer to UMass or another Massachusetts state university, get your bachelor degree and save an average of $5000!
Commonwealth Commitment programs currently available at Northern Essex:
Students who attend college through the Commonwealth Commitment save BIG on their bachelor’s degrees.
Average savings over four years:
Community College to State University
Community College to UMass
Students Commit to:
- Begin at Northern Essex or one of Massachusetts’ other Community Colleges
- Complete associate degree within 2.5 years
- Transfer to one of Massachusetts’ State Universities or UMass campuses
- Complete bachelor’s degree within 2 more years
- Maintain full time, continuous enrollment and a cumulative 3.0 GPA
Commonwealth Commitment to Students:
- Freeze on all tuition & mandatory fees on program entry
- Valid until student successfully completes or leaves Commonwealth Commitment program
- A 10% rebate off tuition & mandatory fees
- Payable at the end of every successfully completed semester
- Additional MassTransfer Tuition Credit on bachelor’s program entry
- Guaranteed admission
- Space permitting in the major and college
- Guaranteed transfer of credits
- No application fee or essay
(MassTransfer Application required by deadline.)
Search all Commonwealth Commitment associates to bachelors degree programs.
View complete details of the Commonwealth Commitment to students on the Mass.gov website here.