Get Involved and Build Your Resume!
Make the most of your time at Northern Essex Community College. There are many ways you can gain valuable career and life skills while attending classes. Take advantage of the many opportunities, programs, services and resources that can help you prepare for your future career.
- The PACE Program helps participants choose majors and career paths, explore job markets, and discover jobs that best fit their personalities. Their career services offerings include workshops, MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator), electronic Learning and Study Strategies Inventory (eLASSI), one-on-one resume assistance, and assistance in identifying talents and strengths.
- Civic Engagement and Service Learning provides students opportunities to serve the local community while gaining real-world experience, exploring career options, and networking. Service Learning is a great way to develop transferable skills such as communication, critical thinking, team work, and problem solving, while making a positive impact on the community.
- The Alumni Relations Office offers career-oriented services to serve the needs of NECC alumni. Alumni have the opportunity to connect with each other, to build networks that enhance their professional growth, and to participate in programs that help to impact the lives of current NECC students.
Student Clubs & Organizations
- Why wait until you get your first job to put your new skills to use? There are many opportunities to get involved in clubs & organizations on-campus. Joining a club will enable you to explore your interests, meet new people, try out new things, and have fun! Plus, these activities look great on future job applications and resumes.
- Eligible students may qualify through Financial Aid for the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program. This federally-funded student employment program encourages community service work and work related to the recipient’s course of study. Students may work on–campus or off–campus with federal, state, or local public agencies or private non-profit organizations.