Counseling and Psychological Services
The counseling center at NECC is here to support your personal, social, and academic development. Our professional staff provide short-term individual counseling, as well as proactive prevention, education, and consultation across campus. We can assist you during crisis situations and are a resource for referrals to both on-campus and community support services. Our staff is committed to providing professional mental health care that appreciates the uniqueness and diversity of all students. All services are confidential, free, and available to all NECC students.
Reasons to Seek Counseling:
- Feeling anxious or depressed
- Stress: too much to do, too many demands, not enough time
- Family or relationship problems
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Coping with grief or loss
- Disordered eating or body image concerns
- Coping with racial/ethnic bigotry or discrimination
- Relationship violence/sexual assault
- Sexuality/sexual identity
- Concerns about a friend or family member
- Coping with a traumatic incident
Programs/Workshops Offered Include:
- National Depression Screening Day
- Anxiety Awareness
- Sleep Clinics
- Alcohol/Drug Awareness
- Stress Management
- Eating Patterns
You can make an appointment by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 978-556-3730. Please include what campus you would like to be seen on and dates/times most convenient for you.
Sport and Fitness Center, D117 & D119
Dr. Ibrahim El-Hefni Allied Health & Technology Center, LC125 & LC137
9 am – 4 pm (both campus)
Evening appointments can be scheduled by request.
If You are in an Urgent Mental Health Situation
Call or come to counseling and psychological services even if you do not have an appointment. Let us know that it is an urgent matter and we will see you as soon as possible. After hours if you are in a life threatening situation call 911 or utilize the following 24 hour resources that are available in English and Spanish.
24 Hour Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- YMCA Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence 877-509-9922 / Spanish 800-223-5001
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health Addiction Helpline 800-327-5050
- Get Help Now: Crisis Text Line Text “START” to 741-741