Need Extra Help With Your Classes?
Get free assistance with your courses from friendly professional and peer tutors.
Fall 2022 Tutoring Starting September 12, 2022 – Make an Appointment with a Tutor through Navigate
How Tutoring Can Benefit Students
Tutors help students build academic skills and assist them in areas they struggle in, while preparing them with improved work and study skills. The extra layer of preparation and confidence students gain through tutoring will increase their overall academic achievement.
A Tutor will:
- Help students overcome learning obstacles.
- Improve academic achievement.
- Encourage independence and responsibility.
- Treat you and your work with respect and confidentiality.
- Model strategies to better help you understand your assignments.
- Encourage Students to Ask Questions.
Lawrence – Dimitry Building Room L202
Haverhill – Spurk Building Room C205 and C207
Technology Center Room TC219
ASL Tutoring – Location Spurk Building Room C317T. For information contact Anne LeBlanc at firstname.lastname@example.org or Erik Bailey at email@example.com
To make an appointment for in-person or virtual tutoring:
- Go to Navigate by logging into the app (search for Navigate Student in the Google Play or Apple App Store) and clicking on “Appointments” or log into Navigate on a computer by signing into myNECC and clicking on “Navigate Student”
- For virtual and in-person appointments select one of our four locations (even if you will be attending the appointment virtually/remotely) :
Lawrence Tutoring (Math, Science, Computer Science, Engineering Science Technology, Reading, Writing, ESL) Dimitry Room L 202
Haverhill -Writing and English Skills Tutoring (Reading and Writing) Spurk Room C 207
Haverhill – Math and Science Tutoring (Math, Science and Engineering Science Technology) Spurk Room C 205
Haverhill – STEM Academic Center (Computer Science) Technology Center Room TC 219
- Under Meeting Type choose virtual or in-person. You will receive a confirmation email regarding your appointment.
To facilitate tutors to effectively prepare for your meeting, please provide the following information when making your appointment:
- Provide your course number
- What chapter you’d like to address (STEM subjects)
- Provide specific problem numbers and/or questions (STEM subjects)
- Send a draft of your essay along with assignment directions for remote appointments (Writing/ESL)
- Tutors can not help students with quizzes or tests
- Appointments are set for 30, 45 or 60 minutes depending on the subject and need to be made at least 2 hours in advance
- Please consider canceling your meeting if you cannot attend to give other students the chance to use the tutoring services. With your email confirmation of the meeting, you’re provided instructions on how to cancel.
Questions or issues please email the Tutoring Center Coordinator, Jennifer Levesque at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Tutoring for the Fall2022 semester will occur on the Haverhill campus in the Spurk Building, room C201 (Center for Business and Accounting).
ThinkingStorm is an academic support program that gives all NECC students 24/7 online tutoring in a variety of subjects.
To access ThinkingStorm go to your Blackboard page. There will be a link to ThinkingStorm in the lower left corner. Click on login to ThinkingStorm and you will see the tutoring options.
Tutoring at NECC (Video)
Learn how you can access and make the most out of the Tutoring Services at NECC. Watch now on YouTube below:
View video on the NECC YouTube Channel.
Tutoring Available by Subject
View all NECC tutoring schedules, locations and hours.
Take Advantage of Online Tutoring
Can’t make it to the tutoring center but still need help? As an NECC student, you also have access to ThinkingStorm Online Tutoring.
Accommodations and Access Requests
Individuals who have access requests (including food related allergies), please contact the Center for Accessibility Resources & Services at 978-556-3654. Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing may contact our office via the relay service by dialing 7-1-1 (TTY) or through Video Relay Service (VRS) of their choice. Individuals requesting sign language interpreting, please contact Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services at email@example.com.Print View