What is Navigate?
Navigate is an app and website that helps you:
- Make appointments with our services and advisors
- Register for classes
- View your schedule
- See your academic plan
- Get reminded of to dos and calendar events
- Access resources to support you at NECC
- Connect with other students in your classes through the ‘Study Buddies’ feature
- Take the ‘Major Explorer’ to learn more about different majors
How do I access Navigate?
To access Navigate from a computer, login to myNECC and then click on ‘STUDENT NAVIGATE’ and ‘Login with your school account’. Google Chrome is the recommended browser for Navigate.
To access Navigate from your phone, download the free app by searching ‘Navigate Student’ in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. To login, use your 8-digit NECC ID number and the personalized password that you already created for the myNECC portal. If you haven’t already logged in, your password will be your date of birth (MMDDYYYY).
I received an error when trying to register for classes. What should I do?
Error: Prerequisite and test score error
This error means that you may not meet the requirements to take this course. You can check the pre-requisites by clicking on ‘View Details’ on the course. All of the pre-requisite and test score details will be listed under ‘Instructions’.
Error: Section not available
If there is an open section with seats available but you get this error, it might be because you need special approval for a class (e.g., internships). Check with your advisor for more information. You can find your advisor listed in Navigate under Resources → People.
Error: Time Ticket prevented registration
This error might have to do with your eligibility to register yourself for classes. Here are the different ways you can get more information:
- Check with your advisor. You can find your advisor listed in Navigate under Resources → People
- Call Enrollment Services at (978) 556-3700
- Email Enrollment Services at EnrollmentServices@necc.mass.edu
Error: Term not eligible for registration
If you see this error, check to make sure that the registration period is open for the term you are registering. You’ll get this error if you try to register before registration opens.
I just made a change to my academic data. Why hasn’t it changed in Navigate?
If you made a change to your academic data (such as removed a hold or added/dropped a class) you will need to wait until the next morning to see the change reflected in Navigate. If the issue persists longer than 24 hours, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would like to update my phone number so advisors and professors can text me through Navigate. How do I update it?
Still have questions? We’re here for you!
If you have questions, are having technical issues, or feeling overwhelmed about how to use Navigate, please reach out! We can assist you over email, in person, or virtually.
Email: email@example.com (we will get back to you within 2 business days)
Stop by in person:
- Tuesdays from 11am-12pm in Haverhill Student Center (SC) Knights Nook
- Thursdays from 1pm-2pm in Lawrence El Hefni (LC) Lobby
Login to Zoom:
- Tuesdays from 11am-12pm or Thursdays from 1pm-2pm
- Click here or enter the Zoom Meeting ID: 381 036 7067