General Studies: Health Specialization Associate Degree
Prepare for a Great Career in Health Care with a General Studies: Health Specialization Associate Degree
This program is ideal if you like helping others, but are not sure which area of health care interests you the most. The Health Specialization Associate Degree program is designed to help you earn a credential that will prepare you for immediate employment. You will also complete coursework required to earn an associate degree, so will be well prepared to continue your education in the future.
Why Choose NECC?
With the General Studies: Health Specialization associate degree program you will have the opportunity to choose courses that can lead to a wide variety of careers including EKG technician, medical biller or coder, medical or dental assistant, community health worker, sleep technologist, and more. You will also be able to transfer your credits to pursue a bachelor’s degree in a related health discipline. With this program you will:
- Improve your career by earning a health care certificate, making it even easier to find employment immediately after program completion
- Have an opportunity to explore multiple areas of health care and discover what you like best
- Benefit from real-world, hands-on experience by participating in a practicum (internship)
Because of NECC
You’ll be prepared to pursue a career in health care, one of the fastest growing employment areas in the country, or to continue your education – many program graduates have done both! After completing the program you can:
- Begin a career aligned with your area(s) of specialization including:
- EKG technician
- Medical coder
- Medical biller
- Medical laboratory technician
- Medical or dental assistant
- Sleep Technologist
- Paramedic or EMT
- Practical or registered nurse
- Respiratory technologist
- Radiologic technologist
- Transfer credits towards a bachelor’s degree in a health-related field
General Studies: Health Specialization
is one of NECC’s top ten
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for General Studies: Health Specialization.
Courses and RequirementsSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
To participate in any internship, externship, practicum, or clinical, students may be required to submit verification of specific immunizations, CORI/SORI clearance, and drug testing.