Healthcare Technician Certificate
Prepare for a career in health care in as little as little as 10 months! Healthcare technicians draw blood from patients and prepare specimens for testing or storage. They also perform EKGs (electrocardiograms) on patients to record and monitor their heart rate and rhythm.
Why Choose NECC?
With the Healthcare Technician Certificate, you will be prepared to seek a job when you graduate. You will also be able to apply your credits to earn an Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization. (Some of our students do both and get great jobs while continuing their education!) With this program, you will:
- Choose from the program concentrations; Phlebotomy and EKG, EKG and Nursing Assistant, or Phlebotomy and Nursing Assistant
- Develop the communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills you need for a successful career in health care
- Gain real-world experience in a phlebotomy externship
Because of NECC
You will be able to pursue a job as a healthcare technician, phlebotomist, or EKG technician. You will be able to:
- work in hospitals, doctors’ offices, or medical and diagnostic labs
- transfer your credits to earn your Associate Degree in General Studies: Health Specialization
Courses and RequirementsSkip Required Courses and Program Notes
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. The Healthcare Technician Certificate has three pathways.
- View the suggested pathway for EKG and Nursing Assistant Pathway.
- View the suggested pathway for Phlebotomy and EKG Pathway.
- View the suggested pathway for Phlebotomy and Nursing Assistant Pathway.