Culinary Arts Associate Degree
Learn the art of food service with NECC’s Culinary Arts program
The Culinary Arts AAS Degree, a program of the Business department, will prepare students for entry into the culinary field and enable incumbent workers to enhance their skills within their current position, or prepare for increased responsibilities. Students will receive a strong foundation in the many facets and professional settings of food service from culinary basics to food preparation and cooking techniques, baking, nutrition, safety and sanitation, cost controls and front of house management.
Because of NECC
Graduates will be prepared for employment in the culinary industry at above entry level. A minimum of 60 credits is required. You can:
- Earn the 60 credit certificate full or part time
- Develop your skills in courses such as
- Restaurant Operations (Front of House & Back of House)
- Banquet Operations (Front of House & Back of House)
- And Cooking Techniques
- Gain practical experience through a required program internship
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree.
View the suggested pathway for this program.