Center for Business and Accounting
Center for Business And Accounting
The goal of The Center for Business & Accounting is to provide business, accounting, and hospitality students with a greater sense of belonging at NECC by offering greater access to faculty and professional advisors, a warm and welcoming place to meet with classmates, use a computer, print a paper, pick up a granola bar, or attend an industry-specific seminar.
Though we are operating remotely this Fall, our mission to serve our students remains the same. We need your assistance in understanding how best to serve you!
Important Spring Semester Advising and Registration Information
The Center for Business and Accounting staff and faculty encourage current students to register early. We are available to meet remotely (Zoom, phone, or email). We recommend that you review your Academic Plan with an advisor to make sure that you are on track for graduation.
Payment for both Winter Intersession and Spring is due on January 5th, 2021.
- Most returning Business Management and Business Transfer students should have received an email from a business advisor inviting them to make an appointment in Navigate as part of a campaign. Please check your email or Navigate to see if you can make an appointment through one of these campaigns. This is the easiest way for you to make an appointment.
- Accounting students should email Professor Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hospitality and Culinary students should email Denis Boucher at email@example.com
- If none of the above apply to you, email the Business Center at CenterForBusinessAndAccounting@necc.mass.edu
Tutoring will run from 9/14-12/18
Please click on the links provided below to schedule a virtual tutoring meeting.
Registration Link: https://calendly.com/fall2020accountingtutoring
ACC101: M 9-10 am and 1-2 pm, T 5-6 pm, W 11-1 pm, Th 10-11 am and 1-2 pm, and F 10-11 am https://calendly.com/fall2020accountingtutoring/acc-101
ACC102: T 2-3 pm, W 1-2 pm, and Th 9-10 am https://calendly.com/fall2020accountingtutoring/acc-102
ACC201: T 12-1 pm, W 10-11 am, and Th 5-6 pm https://calendly.com/fall2020accountingtutoring/acc-201
ACC203: T 10-12 pm, W 5-6 pm, Th 12-1 pm https://calendly.com/fall2020accountingtutoring/acc-203
View video on the NECC YouTube Channel.
Using Technology at NECC: https://youtu.be/aVXLMafOF64
- How to access MyNECC portal, Blackboard, DegreeWorks, & other key links
- How to access NECC student email & Microsoft Office
- How to sign up for NECC alerts
Meet our Student Ambassadors: https://www.necc.mass.edu/succeed/student-support-services/student-ambassadors/
The faculty and staff at NECC want you to be successful in your coursework this semester. We are piloting a Student Ambassador program, which is designed to help support you in any challenges you may face with online learning. Student Ambassadors might reach out to you periodically throughout the semester if you stop logging in to Blackboard. If you are looking for advice from a peer, wondering which services you need at NECC, or need help with technical issues, you can also contact our Student Ambassadors via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also visit our webpage to chat with us!
Mariela Cueva: https://youtu.be/7lFfi5t_L48
- Availability: 8 am -9m Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Fridays
- Text only #: (978)222-7683
Gregory Joseph: https://youtu.be/JaN81KpQ9-U
Jack Tynan: https://youtu.be/QK2qG9OfA1w
Using Navigate: https://youtu.be/iep-A3kcWV8
College can be tough. Navigate Student makes it easier by letting you know how and when to get important things done. The NECC Navigate app helps you make decisions, complete important tasks, and explore the campus.
With Navigate Student you can…
- See upcoming to-dos and events so you never miss important deadlines
- Get connected to help when you need it
- Explore major and career options that match your interests
- Build your academic plan and pick classes each semester
- Get step-by-step guidance on the complicated stuff like paying for college and selecting courses
- Sync your class schedule and other important events directly to your phone
To access Navigate, you can download the app or access it via a web browser. To access the website, go to https://necc.navigate.eab.com. To download the Navigate App, go to the GooglePlay Store or the App Store, and search “Navigate”.
Business Navigator Noelia Figuereo’s contact information email@example.com or text 978-420-4101
Get involved in college events and activities being offered remotely: https://www.necc.mass.edu/events/category/student-activities/
Connect With Us!