ThinkingStorm Online Tutoring
ThinkingStorm is an academic support program that gives students online access to live, one-to-one assistance from trained and qualified tutors.
ThinkingStorm is offered to NECC students at no additional cost.
Logging in to ThinkingStorm
- Log into MyNECC Portal and sign into your NECC Blackboard account.
- In the top right corner of your Blackboard account, select the tab for “Student Resources.”
- Click on the link for ThinkingStorm and you will automatically be logged into your account.
Online Tutoring Categories
There are a variety of subjects available for students to access for online tutoring support, including math, statistics, writing, science, health sciences, business, and specialty topics (computer applications, computer programming, and software).
Please note: online writing support occurs asynchronously by uploading assignment drafts and receiving feedback through email. Online tutoring support for health science, business and other specialty topics are available in the system by appointment only.
Students are limited to 5 hours of free online tutoring per semester. Please use your time wisely. If you’ve exceeded the maximum, you will receive a message to contact the Tutoring Center.
Technology Requirements and Troubleshooting
- For technical assistance with ThinkingStorm, please contact the Customer Support Team at email@example.com or 1-877-889-5996.
- Browser Requirements: Firefox 12 or higher, Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Safari 5.0 or higher, or Google Chrome 20.0 or higher
- Please disable all popup blockers for www.thinkingstorm.com
- Make sure you have Java installed. If you need to install Java, go to the Java Website and follow the instructions for the free download