Human Services Associate Degree
With a Human Services Associate Degree You Can Have a Career Helping Others
View video on the NECC YouTube Channel.
We all need a little assistance some time. You’ll get it at NECC as you prepare for a career helping individuals and families to improve their lives. This Human Services Associate Degree program will prepare you for a career working with people with emotional and social problems, developmental disabilities, mental illness, or substance abuse problems.
Why Choose NECC?
At NECC you’ll train as a generalist, learning how to work with people of all ages and backgrounds. This ensures a wide range of career paths after graduation. With this program you will:
- Prepare to work with people with emotional, social, or developmental issues.
- Learn how to help those with mental illnesses or addiction problems.
- Benefit from supervised clinical experiences in social services settings.
- Earn your degree in a program that contains the National Community Support Skill Standards, and is accredited by the Council for Standard in Human Service Education.
- Be well-prepared to transfer to a four-year program to complete your bachelor’s degree.
Because of NECC
You can pursue a wide variety of entry-level positions, or continue your education at a four-year school. Growth opportunities in the field are projected to be strong. Upon completion of the Human Services Associate Degree program you can:
- Pursue career paths as a case manager, outreach worker, advocate, mental health worker, or a counselor (crisis, residential, addiction).
- Work in a variety of public or private settings including hospitals, clinics, residential facilities, or human services agencies.
- Be able to take advantage of MassTransfer Pathways and other transfer agreements to save thousands of dollars while you earn your bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field.
I’m excited about my human services career … I like working with people and helping them any way I can.
Barbara Conrad, Human Services
Career Paths & Job Market
A pathway is the most efficient sequence of courses semester-to-semester recommended for students to complete their degree. View the suggested pathway for the Human Services Associate Degree.