CLEP & DSST Exam Registration
CLEP & DSST Exam Schedule & Registration Steps
In-Person Test Dates
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 4, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 11, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 17, 2023, at 9:30 AM
- Wednesday, October 25, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, November 1, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 14, 2023, at 9:30 AM
- Wednesday, November 15, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, November 29, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Thursday, November 30, 2023, at 9:30 AM
- Wednesday, December 6, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, December 13, 2023, at 5:00 PM
- Thursday, December 14, 2023, at 9:30 AM
- Wednesday, January 10, 2024, at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, January 17, 2024, at 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, January 24, 2024, at 5:00 PM
Exam dates are subject to cancellation. If there is a need for the testing center to cancel, testers will not be charged an additional registration fee.
Registration Steps (1-2-3):
1. Submit the CLEP/DSST Testing Request Form. Pick a 1st and 2nd choice test date from the list above and enter them in the required field on the request form.
- Submit one form per exam.
2. Pay your NECC registration fee to reserve your seat. Instructions are provided when you submit your request form and are listed below.
- Pay the NECC Registration fee on our Destiny One payment system (preferred method). Select the exam and click the + in Enroll Now, click ADD TO CART, click CHECK OUT, and in I am a new user, type in your email and follow the prompts to complete the payment. When making your online payment do not include Spanish accents on your name. Once the payment is made you will get a confirmation and I will receive an email confirmation and provide you with your confirmation materials including instructions to purchase your CLEP exam from the College Board and printing out your CLEP Registration Ticket to bring on your test date or if you are taking a DSST exam, you will be provided instructions for test day. You can send a money order, made payable to NECC, for $40.00 to Donna Felisberto, NECC, 100 Elliott St., Haverhill, MA 01830, if you do not want to pay online.
- Make payment for each exam.
3. Purchase your CLEP Exam from the College Board or Register for your DSST Exam from Prometric. Check your email for a confirmation once your form is submitted and your payment is processed. This information will include your test date and time, directions to the testing center, requirements for test day and instructions to purchase your CLEP exam or register for a DSST exam. Instructions are provided in the confirmation and listed below.
- Purchase your CLEP Exam from the College Board | CLEP. The fee for each CLEP exam is $90.00 ($93.00 effective 7/1/2023)
- Print your CLEP Registration confirmation ticket and bring it on the day of your exam.
- Test Taker Name Change Requests
For name changes, complete, sign, and fax the name change request form along with any identification documentation (if required) to the College Board’s CLEP Services at 610‐628‐3726 or email it as an attachment to email@example.com.
- If you have questions about registering and purchasing your CLEP exam, you can go to the CLEO chat bot in the Help Center.
- About DSST and Registering for a DSST Exam from the DSST Prometric Site. The DSST self-funded exam is $100.00.
- Once you have successfully scheduled your exam at NECC, it is recommended that you create your testing username and password. You may create your username and password by navigating to Prometric TC Net and clicking Register Now. Select DSST Test Center 9745. Please bring your username, password and credit card with you on your day of testing.
Wait for your confirmation to be received prior to coming to a test session. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing and scheduling. If you have not received it in 3-5 business days, be sure to check your spam/junk folder.
All examinees who need to reschedule or who do not arrive for their scheduled exam must start the registration process over.
For Military Examinees
- Please see CLEP Military Options (PDF) or DSST Military Options for more information.
- Get paid back for testing fees | Veteran’s postcard
Important information for test day:
Acceptable Forms of Primary Identification
- A current driver’s license
- A current state or federal ID card
- A current passport
- A tribal ID card
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
Acceptable Forms of Secondary Identification
- A current employee ID
- A current student ID
- A Social Security card
- A military ID
- An unused ID from the primary choices above
All funded military candidates must present a current military ID and a second form of government-issued photo ID.
- Please note that CLEP/DSST tests are computer administered exams.
- All exam dates are subject to cancellation. Testers will be notified as soon as possible if there is a need to cancel and will not be charged an additional registration fee.
Haverhill Campus, Technology Center, TC-122 Check-in
- Students are encouraged to consult with their faculty advisor or the Advising Center regarding credits awarded toward their program of study.
- NECC students requesting accommodations should contact the Center for Accessibility Resources & Services (CARS) at 978-556-3654 to arrange for accommodations well in advance of their test date.
- If you have received accommodations for testing, you are required to bring the approval for accommodated testing form to the proctor on test day.
- Be sure your name on your CLEP Confirmation ticket or DSST ticket with username and password and be sure the documents match your name on your identification (ID).
Testing is not available when the college is closed. You will be able to reschedule and not be charged an additional cost. There are a few ways to find out whether the college is closed:Print View