NECC Coronavirus Updates and Resources
Don’t miss the next NECC Virtual Town Hall on Remote Learning Success with Academic Coaching and Tutoring on Friday, April 10 at 12:30 pm on Zoom. Learn more.
Updated on April 8, 2020.
The threat of the coronavirus has had a dramatic effect on all of us.
At Northern Essex, our number one priority is to insure the health of our students, faculty, and staff, while doing our best to continue to deliver our courses and programs and the valuable services we provide.
This website is designed to provide you with everything you need to know regarding college operations as a result of the pandemic. It includes FAQ’s, a list of all recent campus communications regarding coronavirus, and links to websites that will answer your questions about spread of the virus and protecting yourself and your family.
As of March 30, all of our courses that have a face-to-face component will be offered using remote learning. Remote learning replaces face-to-face learning with an array of creative alternatives that may include incorporating paper homework packets, textbook assignments, and online tools—such as Blackboard, Navigate, Zoom, Skype, and YouTube. Each faculty member will create a remote learning plan appropriate for the course they are teaching, so the delivery will look different for each course.
To ensure everyone’s well-being during this time, Northern Essex is minimizing face-to-face service and promoting new ways to access services and staff remotely.
Please visit the Student Affairs website to learn how you can connect with Admissions, Advising, Career Services, Learning Accommodations, and other services, or the Library and and IT Services pages to find out how they are adjusting their services.
As we receive updates, our policies may well change. We will share these updates through campus email. Higher level information will also be shared through the college’s Emergency Notification System and on Facebook or Twitter.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
Emergency Fund for Students
NECC Creates Emergency Fund for Students Impacted by COVID-19
Many Northern Essex Community College students are living paycheck to paycheck with limited resources, and the COVID-19 pandemic has made it even more challenging for them to continue their education. Recognizing how difficult this is, Northern Essex has created the NECC Student Emergency Fund to help at-risk students stay in college. To learn more, including how to give and how to apply for funds, visit the newsroom.
Cancelling of Campus Events
Recent Campus Communications Regarding Coronavirus
A Message to our NECC Students – We’re All in this Together (Video)
View video on the NECC YouTube Channel.
Virtual Student “Town Hall”
Led by NECC’s Assistant Director of Student Success Management Systems Audrey Ellis, with tremendous help from dozens of staff and faculty, President Lane Glenn and Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs Bill Heineman held a virtual “Town Hall” for students on March 27, to field their questions about; classes, commencement, summer and fall registration, financial aid, and a whole lot more.
The entire session was recorded and is available to watch here:
- April 8, 2020 – IMPORTANT CAMPUS UPDATE
- April 4, 2020 – IMPORTANT UPDATE
- April 3, 2020 – IMPORTANT: NECC and Coronavirus Pandemic Preparation and Prevention
- March 31, 2020 – IMPORTANT: NECC and Coronavirus Pandemic Preparation and Prevention
- March 27, 2020 – IMPORTANT: NECC and Coronavirus Pandemic Preparation and Prevention
- March 26, 2020 – IMPORTANT: NECC and Coronavirus Preparation and Prevention
- March 24, 2020 – Coronavirus Update
- March 23, 2020 – IMPORTANT: NECC and Coronavirus Preparation and Prevention
- March 19, 2020 – IMPORTANT: NECC and Coronavirus Preparation and Prevention
- March 18, 2020 – IMPORTANT: NECC and Coronavirus Preparation and Prevention
- March 17, 2020 – IMPORTANT: Department of Public Health and Department of Higher Education Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education
- March 17, 2020 – Students: NECC and Coronavirus Preparation and Prevention
- March 17, 2020 – Campus Community: NECC and Coronavirus Preparation and Prevention
- March 15, 2020 – IMPORTANT: NECC and Coronavirus Preparation and Prevention
- March 13, 2020 – IMPORTANT: NECC Remote Teaching and Learning Prep Week March 23-27
- March 13, 2020 – Health Information Email
- March 13, 2020 – Coronavirus, Community Colleges, and the Equity Gap, blog post by President Lane Glenn
- March 12, 2020 – Message from the President: NECC and Coronavirus Preparation and Prevention
- March 11, 2020 – Health Information Email
- March 2, 2020 – Health Information Email
- February 26, 2020 – Health Information Email
- January 31, 2020 – Health Information Email
- CDC | Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education
- CDC | Share Facts, Not Fear
- CDC | What to do if You are Sick with Coronavirus
- MA Department of Public Health
- Managing Reactions to the Coronavirus
For More Information
If you have questions, please call 978 556-3700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Print View