Coronavirus Information and Updates
Returning to Campus
Although the last year and a half has been exceptionally challenging for the NECC community, we have made great accomplishments, becoming stronger than ever before. As we welcome everyone back to campus, please remember that we all have varying COVID-19 experiences and as a result, differing comfort levels. NECC and its community members must continue to support everyone despite any individual differences. We are in this together.
At this time, a COVID vaccination is not required to return to the NECC campus. However, NECC has joined the White House COVID-19 College Vaccine Challenge, along with colleges and universities across the country. As a part of this initiative, participating colleges commit to three actions: engaging every student, faculty, and staff member; organizing campus communities around vaccine efforts; and delivering vaccine access for all. As a result, the NECC COVID Response Team strongly recommends receiving a COVID-19 vaccine. We have partnered with Greater Lawrence Family Health Centers to provide vaccinations to our community. Vaccinations are also available at multiple community centers, pharmacies, and doctor’s offices. More information can be found through Greater Lawrence Family Health Center or the Massachusetts COVID website.
Federal and state COVID guidelines continue to change rapidly. We monitor these resources and implement changes to our own NECC community guidelines as needed. In addition to email notifications, Facebook and Twitter announcements, please check back regularly for updates to the following guidelines.
Guidelines for Coming to the Northern Essex Community College Campus*
When on the NECC campus, you are asked to follow the protocols as set out by the federal, state, and local government. Kindly review the policies and procedures outlined below. By coming on campus, you attest that you have read this information and agree to these protocols.
- Observe all posted signs and policies regarding occupancy numbers, social distancing and mask wearing. These requirements area subject to change based on the campus location.
Posters with QR codes offer up to date COVID information. Please interact with them regularly.
- Everyone visiting the NECC campuses must sign in using the Campus Sign In form HERE. If you have arrived on campus already you can sign in using the QR code sign in posters hanging around campus.
- Out of an abundance of caution, and in order to best serve and protect our community, we are implementing a campus wide mask requirement as of Monday August 2nd. Please plan to wear a mask at all times indoors, unless in your office alone.
- Maintain respect and support of any community member who continues to wear a mask while on campus.
- Stay home and contact the team if: you or a household member aren’t feeling well, are awaiting a COVID test for cause, have been exposed or have received a positive test.
- It is unacceptable to ask the vaccination status of any community member. Be advised this is a violation of a person’s right to privacy.
- Rest assured that the science behind the COVID-19 vaccine is sound. Vaccines will protect you and your family members. More evidence can be found HERE.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place or used the restroom; after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; and before and after eating.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you need COVID mitigation materials (masks, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes), please fill out the materials request form found here: https://forms.office.com/r/bnvCEn0FwS.
- IT concerns or requests must be brought to their attention by creating a help desk ticket. We kindly ask for patience as we are currently working with a high volume of requests.
*These guidelines are subject to change based on federal, state and local guidelines. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Marissa Elliott at 978-914-0214
Watch the NECC COVID Safety Video
Please review the following video to understand the steps the college is taking to mitigate COVID risks on campus.
View video on the NECC YouTube Channel.