Advanced Placement Nursing: LPN to ADN
NECC’s Advanced Placement Nursing Option Can Accelerate Your Success
If you are already a licensed practical nurse who has worked in Massachusetts in the last year, NECC can help you earn your associate degree in just two semesters – saving you time and advancing your career.
Why Choose NECC?
NECC’s program, accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and approved by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing, enables licensed practicing nurses to receive credit for a full year of the associate degree after successful completion of a one credit Nursing Transition Course in summer session prior to the start of classes in September for students accepted into the third semester of the ADN option. With this program you will:
- Reduce the time required to earn an associate degree
- Benefit from supervised laboratory and clinical experiences
- Be eligible to sit for the National Council of Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN)
Because of NECC
You will save thousands on the cost of earning an associate degree while gaining the skills and knowledge to pursue positions that will enable you to earn thousands more over the course of your career. Upon graduation you can:
- Take the NCLEX-RN exam, to qualify as a registered nurse
- Work in a broad array of healthcare settings including hospitals, doctors’ offices, outpatient treatment facilities, home health care agencies, and more
- Transfer earned credits to a bachelor’s degree in a nursing or related program at a public or private four-year school, saving thousands of dollars on your degree
At Northern Essex, I received the attention and support necessary to excel academically, and that in turn led me to a very rewarding and fulfilling career in nursing.
Patrice Peddle, Nursing